Royal Holloway, University of London
United Kingdom (Egham, Greater London)
Museum web site

Royal Holloway was founded in 1879 after a huge donation from Thomas Holloway. Created as a women's college, it was located in a newly built and spectacular quadrangle in Egham, Surrey. Called Founders, the building was designed after the Chambord Castle (France), but built with red stone. In 1985, it merged with Bedford college, the first women's college in the UK (founded in 1845).

Today, it counts almost 9000 students (2000 postgraduates).

Thomas Holloway also bequeathed his art collection, now displayed in a gallery in the Founders building.

Egham Hill
Egham, Surrey TW20, UK
Top artists in the collection:

Philip Alexius de LászlóHungarian, 1869-19373 artworks
Edward William Cooke, R.A.English, 1811-18802 artworks
William Powell FrithEnglish, 1819-19092 artworks
Frank HollEnglish, 1845-18881 artworks
George Morland1763-18041 artworks
Richard AnsdellEnglish, 1815-18851 artworks
Sir Luke FildesEnglish, 1843-19271 artworks
Percy Bigland1858-19261 artworks

The Athenaeum has no exhibitions on record for this museum. Exhibition records can be added for this museum here.