1 (edited by Burns 2013-05-18 00:04:18)

Topic: Alice St-John

Hi
Everyone
I just acquire a nineteen century Oil on Canvas,it has a brass plate in the middle(we can read "Julia Rush Miller 1794-1854,Who Became the Wife of George Junkin D.D. LLD")this painting was sign by Alice St-John,lower right.This is very well done,this painting measured 20" x 24" with a gorgeous frame 31 3/4" x 26 3/4"this painting is from the third quarter of nineteen century, still in very good shape,Did someone hear about this artist name,i look on the web,i can't find any info on this.

I add a picture

Thanks for the help.
Alan

Post's attachments

PICT0085.JPG 349.08 kb, 1 downloads since 2013-05-18 

You don't have the permssions to download the attachments of this post.

2 (edited by Burns 2013-06-13 19:29:33)

Re: Alice St-John

Hi
Chris
Did you choose who you answer in this topic, well its being a while since i post this.
You answer many other right after my request.it is because you can't find anything on st-John ???
An answer will be appreciated.

Thanks for your time and reply.

Alan

Hello Alan,
    I'm sorry I didn't respond earlier. When you first posted, I looked for a while but could not find anything about the artist named Alice St. John. I tried some more tonight, and I still can't find anything.

Could you take a close up photo of the signature, in case you are reading it incorrectly? Are there any other identifying marks on the painting or the frame? Do you know anything about its history, or where it came from?

Thanks,
Chris

Hello Alan,
    I'm sorry I didn't respond earlier. When you first posted, I looked for a while but could not find anything about the artist named Alice St. John. I tried some more tonight, and I still can't find anything.

Could you take a close up photo of the signature, in case you are reading it incorrectly? Are there any other identifying marks on the painting or the frame? Do you know anything about its history, or where it came from?

Thanks,
Chris