226 (edited by Josselin 2014-12-14 05:10:01)

Re: Duplicates

Bibliothèque royale de Belgique:
http://www.the-athenaeum.org/sources/detail.php?id=3022  (best one)
http://www.the-athenaeum.org/sources/detail.php?id=1732

National Gallery of Scotland:
http://www.the-athenaeum.org/sources/detail.php?id=3130
http://www.the-athenaeum.org/sources/detail.php?id=149 (correct)

Re: Duplicates

Ca' Rezzonico - Fondazione Musei Civici di Venezia:
http://www.the-athenaeum.org/sources/detail.php?id=2464
http://www.the-athenaeum.org/sources/detail.php?id=758 (correct)

Re: Duplicates

Entry for 'Scottish National Gallery' has been removed and all paintings have been transferred to the correct titles, National Gallery of Scotland/Scottish National Portrait Gallery.

Re: Duplicates

kohn1fox wrote:

Entry for 'Scottish National Gallery' has been removed and all paintings have been transferred to the correct titles, National Gallery of Scotland/Scottish National Portrait Gallery.


It would be very helpful if the redundant museum entry, as above example, could be removed altogether to avoid it being reinstated.  Although it disappears from the alpha listing for museums, it remains as an entry when one opens the drop-down window against a location.  This can lead to someone reopening the duplicate (and incorrect) museum.

Re: Duplicates

John Constable - one deleted

231 (edited by Josselin 2015-01-01 08:03:12)

Re: Duplicates

Dundee Art Galleries and Museums Collection (Dundee City Council):
http://www.the-athenaeum.org/sources/detail.php?id=733
http://www.the-athenaeum.org/sources/detail.php?id=2388

There are actually four locations of these two entries:
    The McManus
    Dundee City Chambers
    Broughty Castle Museum
    Verdant Works

Re: Duplicates

Idem with the Leeds Museums and Galleries, it is just the governing body that rules the following museums:
    Leeds Art Gallery
    Lotherton Hall
    Temple Newsam House
    Leeds City Museum
    Leeds Museum Discovery Centre
    Abbey House Museum
    Kirkstall Abbey
    Armley Mills
    Thwaite Mills Watermill


http://www.the-athenaeum.org/sources/detail.php?id=381

Re: Duplicates

Your comments above are indicative of most United Kingdom provincial collections, whereby a collective body (usually the county town or main administrative city in the county) controls a number of museums and galleries under its wing.

It is a question of whether we maintain a single name (example Norwich) or create separate museum pages (as with Merseyside).

Re: Duplicates

kohn1fox wrote:

Your comments above are indicative of most United Kingdom provincial collections, whereby a collective body (usually the county town or main administrative city in the county) controls a number of museums and galleries under its wing.

It is a question of whether we maintain a single name (example Norwich) or create separate museum pages (as with Merseyside).

It's the same in Germany, for which we have created separate museeums. See the list here: http://www.the-athenaeum.org/forum/viewtopic.php?id=616

235 (edited by Josselin 2015-01-03 13:20:08)

Re: Duplicates

To be deleted: http://www.the-athenaeum.org/sources/detail.php?id=3406
http://www.the-athenaeum.org/sources/detail.php?id=3130

Re: Duplicates

kohn1fox wrote:

It would be very helpful if the redundant museum entry, as above example, could be removed altogether to avoid it being reinstated.  Although it disappears from the alpha listing for museums, it remains as an entry when one opens the drop-down window against a location.  This can lead to someone reopening the duplicate (and incorrect) museum.

Just rename the museum as I did here: http://www.the-athenaeum.org/sources/detail.php?id=3406