126 (edited by kohn1fox 2014-11-04 14:57:10)

Re: bugs with museums

Josselin wrote:
kohn1fox wrote:

The Hermitage in Saint Petersburg has been renamed in it's proper title 'The State Hermitage Museum' .  The alphabetical listing is therefore shown under 'T' but the site identifies 'Hermitage' when entered under an artwork.

I put back 'Hermitage Museum', because the dropdown menu doesn't list it if you just type 'Hermitage' in the search box; it only lists the Hermitage in Norfolk and Switzerland.

I'm happy to accept your explanation and to reinstate the title but it is actually incorrect;  the same applies to other State museums in the Russian Federation.

However if one types in 'Hermitage' it will find it under The State .....  Same applies to the State Russian Museum.

I don't tend to use a drop down list as it is now too exhaustive.  I type in a search word in the title and it will find it.  Example: natgalscot will bring up the National Gallery of Scotland.

kohn1fox wrote:
Josselin wrote:
kohn1fox wrote:

The Hermitage in Saint Petersburg has been renamed in it's proper title 'The State Hermitage Museum' .  The alphabetical listing is therefore shown under 'T' but the site identifies 'Hermitage' when entered under an artwork.

I put back 'Hermitage Museum', because the dropdown menu doesn't list it if you just type 'Hermitage' in the search box; it only lists the Hermitage in Norfolk and Switzerland.

I'm happy to accept your explanation and to reinstate the title but it is actually incorrect;  the same applies to other State museums in the Russian Federation.

However if one types in 'Hermitage' it will find it under The State .....  Same applies to the State Russian Museum.

I don't tend to use a drop down list as it is now too exhaustive.  I type in a search word in the title and it will find it.  Example: natgalscot will bring up the National Gallery of Scotland.

I switched it back to the 'State Hermitage...' and added 'Hermitage Museum' in the alternate name.

I have combined the college collections of London University to a new museum entry - 'University of London' (with a note indicating which college).  I see no point in creating separate London University college collections, which belong to London University. Holloway College and Uni of Roehampton should be removed from the drop-down list (they no longer appear in the listing of museums).