101 (edited by kohn1fox Yesterday 07:56:34)

Re: bugs with museums

Josselin,

NO it doesn't work now that Chris has modified the museums entry.  I have tried:  'University of East Anglia - Norwich'; 'Sainsbury Centre for the Visual Arts - Norwich'; 'Sainsbury Centre for the Visual Arts (University of East Anglia); 'Sainsbury Centre for the Visual Arts (University of East Anglia) - Norwich'.

None of these are accepted and I receive the same syntax message.

I have asked Chris to look into this and many other bugs in this website but he doesn't respond.  Maybe he hasn't the time now but did he not set up this website in the first instance?

I don't even know who, if anyone, reads these messages.  You appear to be the only person who reads and puts forward suggestions and replies to messages!!  Other uploaders continue to post works that are incomplete or erroneous (as my numerous edits testify).

kohn1fox wrote:

Josselin,

NO it doesn't work now that Chris has modified the museums entry.  I have tried:  'University of East Anglia - Norwich'; 'Sainsbury Centre for the Visual Arts - Norwich'; 'Sainsbury Centre for the Visual Arts (University of East Anglia); 'Sainsbury Centre for the Visual Arts (University of East Anglia) - Norwich'.

None of these are accepted and I receive the same syntax message.

I have asked Chris to look into this and many other bugs in this website but he doesn't respond.  Maybe he hasn't the time now but did he not set up this website in the first instance?

I don't even know who, if anyone, reads these messages.  You appear to be the only person who reads and puts forward suggestions and replies to messages!!  Other uploaders continue to post works that are incomplete or erroneous (as my numerous edits testify).

I created the page: http://www.the-athenaeum.org/sources/detail.php?id=2710

When it doesn't work, I suggest you to create a page with a different name, then edit it. That's what I did and it worked.

103 (edited by kohn1fox Yesterday 14:51:25)

Josselin

Thank you for that but I am not technically minded like you.  I simply go to 'open a new museum' and tap in the name in the areas created by Chris.  In that manner it doesn't work. Don't know what you mean about creating a new page.  As you see from my examples I tried many different names. But thanks anyway.

104 (edited by Josselin Yesterday 17:19:09)

kohn1fox wrote:

Don't know what you mean about creating a new page.

You're welcome.
I meant the link "Adding a new museum" from the home page (http://www.the-athenaeum.org/sources/update.php?a=a1).

I think this bug occurs because you entered the name of the museum in the field "Name in English" and left blank the "Primary name (required)" field. The "Name in English" field is only for the translation of non-English speaking museums. Maybe Chris should write it this way in the form. I agree that it's misleading.

In addition, you no longer have to add the location of the museum after an hyphen ( '- Norwich' in this case) as it is now automatically displayed in the dropdown menus and the museum list.