Topic: 2014 Site Updates
List of site updates in 2014:
2014.Oct.25 - Bug fix: Fixed the "Pick from suggested owners" function in the page to add artworks.
2014.Oct.22 - Improved searchable selection boxes (used to look up artists or museums) on several pages.
- Added searchable select box on the page to connect to images of a person.
- Changed entries in that list to look and sort the same as other pages.
- Fixed an issue with a museum that had "Unknown" in the name, which was affecting some forms.
- Bug fix: Fixed museum sorting on the search page to correctly sort and list museums no matter which name s they have or how they were found in the search.
2014.May.18 - New feature: Added page listing female artists
- The museums counts page now labels multiple-listed museums with extra detail
- Bug fix: Fixed a sorting issue on the counts page with accented first characters.
2014.May.16 - Bug fix: The "add a museum" page now works when no nation is entered for the museum.
- Added museum city to artwork detail pages
- Updated person detail page to show museum primary name (instead of old name) and nation/city.
- Updated the "add an artwork" page to allow entry of artist modifiers.
- The search page now shows the alternate name for a person if that's how they were found.
2014.May.11 - Thorough rewrite of the page for adding and editing Glossary terms. It should be a "modern" Athenaeum page now, with adding/editing in a single page, accepting unusual characters, logging adds and edits to the stream of site updates, etc.
2014.May.09 Updated all front page banners
2014.April Very busy with move back to the United States from England. No major work done.
2014.Mar.25 - Design: On several more pages, museums now display with their nation and city (if available)
- Design: Updated and unified the scripts for adding and editing museums, including Redactor box for styled text. Adding logos is now easier as well.
- New feature: Museums can now have up to three names, and will be listed under each of those names across the site.
2014.Mar.18 - Design: Several updated banners on the front page
- Minor feature: Artwork materials now includes "Painting - oil on paper" and "Painting - oil on copper"
- Bug fix: Sculptors should now have the "Add an artwork" link on their detail pages.
2014.Mar.17 - Design: The museum listing page now shows the country and city for museums
2014.Feb.11 - New feature: The Site Status page now shows a much more detailed "stream" of exactly which items have been added and edited over the last 24 hours and the past 7 days.
2014.Feb.10 - Design: Updated form for editing art movements, and added Redactor for text styling in the description.
2014.Feb.09 - Bug fix: Now when a member adds a new person/museum/artwork, it is correctly recorded in their Recent Activity.
- New feature: In a member's Recent activity (on the member profile page), the most recently-added 20 artworks will show a thumbnail.
- New feature: The window for editing a person now uses Redactor for easy text styling.
- New feature: The counts page for artists (i.e., click "By artist" on the home page) now allows sorting by the birth date of the artist.
2014.Feb.07 - New feature: Member profile pages now have a "Recent activity" tab with basic details of recent additions and edits.
2014.Feb.05 - Design: Updated years in the page footer.
- Design: Replaced two artist banners on the front page.
- New feature: List of top artworks by page views: http://www.the-athenaeum.org/art/popular.php
- New feature: Basic tracking of edit counts by members on the front page.
2014.Jan.23 - New feature: Artworks can now be listed with "modifiers" to the artist, like "Workshop of", "Follower of", etc. This is working in the edit pages, but not yet in the page for adding a new artwork.
2014.Jan.15 - Design: New front page banner for 130,000 artworks.
2014.Jan.13 - New feature: Person records can now store uncertain ("circa") birth and death dates.
2014.Jan.09 - Bug fix: Apostrophes will now work in several museum data fields.
- Bug fix: Fixed a strange, rare bug with an artwork mistakenly having another artwork's full-sized image as its thumbnail. I only found two cases of this on the whole site. See original report here.
- Design: Added a new front page banner for Corrado Giaquinto.
2014.Jan.08 - Design: Cleaned up display formatting on the person list page.
2014.Jan.07 - Design: Updated front page banners.
- Design: Updated page number highlighting in artwork lists.
2014.Jan.06 - New feature: Person records can now store the sex of the person (male/female).
- Design: A number of small fixes to header/title alignments and height of the links bar.
- Design: Changed header image on some pages to have grey background.
- Bug fix: Apostrophes no longer break the search box.