1 (edited by semiprecious50 2014-07-08 00:51:00)

Topic: Charles Jacque "Barbizon. La Maison de JF Millet"

This was given to me as a gift. My friend found it tucked in the back of an antique store, and she said it appeared to be forgotten.  She bought it because she thought I would like it, which I do.  It is signed, but the signature is different than any I have found on the internet. I don't know in what medium the piece is.  It is very vibrant and colorful. The piece is framed in a gold-leafed frame, and is matted. The actual piece measures approximately 8" x 10".   There is a small piece of paper on the back of the frame with the handwritten word "original."  It appears to have been framed in Chicago. 

I did research on Charles Jacque, and I read all about him and JF Millet and the Barbizon school of art. This appears to be a depiction of Millet's home at Barbizon, with a woman and a small child standing at the gate.I would appreciate it if you could tell me any information about this piece.

I have several more photos of it, including the signature line, the back, the title line, and another shot of the whole piece. I was unable, through this site, to send more than one image to you. I would like you to see the rest, so please let me know if there is a way I can send you several images.

Post's attachments

full view small.jpg
full view small.jpg 44.76 kb, 5 downloads since 2014-07-08 

You don't have the permssions to download the attachments of this post.

Re: Charles Jacque "Barbizon. La Maison de JF Millet"

Hello semiprecious50,

What do you want to know?

To post several images, you have to click on the "post reply" button on the lower right, then select and add file.